Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Patch 2008





Ahh, the cool mornings of fall have arrived...and we bravely headed out to the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch for 2008. As anti-Halloween parents, Ron and I are more than happy to have our children celebrating something other than spooks, monsters, and scary Jack-o-lanterns. And the pumpkin patch gives us just the right amount of distraction for an autumn morning. Last year, Ashley and Hannah had a good time. We couldn't keep up with Hannah as she kept taking off in the direction of new discoveries. This year, I prayed for sanity and then just strapped Ellie on my chest so I could keep up with the other two. We had a few friends from church scattered around so it was a great morning. Mid-60s...lots of pumpkins...quite a few children, too. But bounce houses, pumpkin fortresses, hayrides, and a picnic were great fun. We all had a good time. After 2 hours of romping, though, and a side of whining thrown in because Ashley was scared to death of all the bees and flies, we departed, a bit warmer and more tired than when we arrived. But we enjoyed it. A few more memories to scrapbook.

1 comment:

The Cline family said...

Wow, that baby is a thinker. Look at those furrowed eyebrows! I cannot believe the way Hannah has changed. She has grown up. And Ashley is still a small version of my dear friend, Kristen. I am glad I finally got around to looking at your blog. I have my phone linked to my phone now, so I haven't been able to always see links and other attachments. But tonight I am enjoying my new Walmart computer desk. Loved to see you guys and have been thinking of you. I will try to get in touch soon. Love you.